Who we are
Form in 1981, HLB LER LUM, Chartered Accountants, was set up by Dato’ Dr Ler Cheng Chye and Mr. Lum Tuck Cheong was admitted as a partner subsequently. To-date, we are a medium-sized firm and is an independent member firm of HLB International. The firm is amongst the leading registered auditors of public listed companies trading on Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange. The firm also provides business recovery services, offering a full range of complex and routine turnaround, restructuring and insolvency assignments across many different industries.
To ensure our service quality and support employee development, we are, among others:
- Registered member firm of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (“MIA”)
- Approved auditor registered with Audit Oversight Board (“AOB”), Securities Commission, Malaysia
- The sole Malaysian audit firm registered with Certified Public Accountants and Audit Oversight Board (Japan)
- Approved Auditors with Labuan International Business and Financial Centre, Malaysia
- Platinum ACCA Approved Employer for both Trainee and Professional Development
- Authorized Training Employer for MICPA, ICAEW, CPA Australia and CICPA
- Members of INSOL International and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia (“IPAM”)
The firm’s philosophy is to provide a complete range of services to its clients and to play a positive role towards the growth expansion of the clients’ businesses. In this endeavor, among others, the firm identifies potential areas for improvements and growth, carries out feasibility studies, prepares financial projections and reports in assisting clients to raise funds, advises on equity and holding structure as well as in undertaking statutory audits and receiverships/liquidation assignments.
At HLB Ler Lum, our philosophy is to provide wholesome and pragmatic advices to our clients in order to support and/or enhance their businesses. In this endeavor, we at HLB Ler Lum always strive to provide high quality and friendly services to our clients without compromising our independence and professionalism. In providing a comprehensive range of professional services, the firm maintains a streamlined organization structure to meet critical needs of clients’ businesses.
HLB Ler Lum, via the HLB Global Care- Local in Touch, Global in Reach approach employed in all our assignments ensures that clients receive a timely and closely coordinated quality service at partner level, regardless of the size or location for all our services